Beneficiary of Fake DMCA:
Fake Link/Website Used:
New Generation News
Date of Submission:
21 May 2016
ANALYZING THE FAKE DMCA
http://newgenerationnews.esy.es/ is our favorite FAKE WEBSITE, and you’ll hear a lot about it in our investigations. We have already found 31 fake DMCAs served up using this fake news site, hosted for FREE 😐 on www.esy.es , a free web-hosting platform by Hostringer.com.
Searching for ‘site:newgenerationnews.esy.es‘ on Google delivers only 45 results.
Let’s analyze the article in question, on the website which claims to be the actual source –
- Even the featured image is being leeched from another website – http://blog.thevoiceofnation.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/LOGO-Aasthagroup-300×300.png . Lazy copy-pasting, really.
- The website which this DMCA claims to have posted copyright content (from a free website visited only by 12 unique visitors in 2016) – stocksmarket.in, March 2009, has 92k pages indexed on Google, compared to 45 for newgenerationnews.esy.es.
- The most recent entry on this website was 2 months ago. Prior to that, the recent entries were on May 28, 9th Feb, 5th Jan. Quite a news website…..
- Our investigation revealed that the fake DMCA was submitted by ‘[email protected]‘ . This email will probably be central to a proper investigation by relevant authorities
- This website, and Mr. Rajesh Kumar Singh, has been a serial violator and has knowingly committed perjury and misrepresented the facts. Have a look below, and imagine how brazen these fly-by-night Reputation firms have become. In May 2016 itself, this shitty website has filed 4 separate DMCAs for 11 unique and legitimate links to be de-indexed from Google.
SO WHAT WERE THEY TRYING TO HIDE ?
It seems Aastha group was named in an article, listing major defaulters among banned SEBI entities in India. (SEBI – Securities and Exchange Board of India, is a regulatory auth). The names of Mohis Aggarwal and Shilpa Aggarwal also figured in this list, which made them hire a Reputation Firm to try to keep the Google Search clean. These are practically millionaires, and still went ahead with a cheap ORM firm. Look where it’s landed them….
- Business Standard
EDITOR’S COMMENT : For those who might ask – ‘why and how do we interject that ‘Aastha Group’ has something to do with this fake DMCA. Couldn’t it be a coincidence ?’, we will say this – When someone goes and creates a whole new fake news site, falsifies his/her identity and submits fake DMCA to try and de-list some very targeted content on Google, it signals intent and a plan. It is obvious that ‘Aastha Group’ or someone they hired was directly involved in this crime. Aastha Group also cannot plead ignorance in this matter, since this notice on Google search is hard to miss, really.