Beneficiary of Fake DMCA:
- Andy Wiederhorn
- Perjury, Impersonation, Identity-theft, Misrepresentation
Fake Link/Website Used:
- Jezebel New York Inc
Date of Submission:
- November 18, 2015
ANALYZING THE FAKE DMCA
According to the (fake) DMCA report, a user at a complaint website pissedconsumer.com allegedly copied and published an article from an unknown website jezebelny.com . Fair enough. It could happen. So let’s closely examine this claim and see if those claims hold –
The website which claimed to publish the original article has been investigated by us in the past, in another high-profile fake DMCA – http://webactivism.com/globaleye-investigation-for-fraud-impersonation-and-perjury-fake-dmca-11577679/ where it attempted to remove link for Globaleye – Vincent Wilson (VP).
- At the time when the original content was published on Oregonlive.com (Oct 17, 2015) , jezebelny.com (the alleged ‘original’ site) has these nameservers set up –
- The so-called original website was being redirected towards a parking page. In layman terms, the website DID NOT exist before 2016. Soon after these fake DMCAs were filed, the website has been terminated and abandoned already.
- Here are other fake DMCA reports filed using the fake website –
- We therefore know that this is the work of a rogue unethical Reputation Firm, and hence are forwarding this info to the respective law agencies and relevant parties.
Andy Wiederhorn would do well to clear their name in this criminal act before Oregonlive.com takes legal recourse to fix this.
SO WHAT WERE THEY TRYING TO HIDE ?
Rich people have exotic reasons. Andy Wiederhorn didn’t really need to remove this, but then his ego won’t allow anything remotely negative to stay online.
Here is what an article at OregonLive.com quoted –
The West Hills mansion once owned by financier Andy Wiederhorn is on the market for $3.5 million.
CitiMortgage Inc., which seized the house in a foreclosure auction last year, is asking $3.495 million. Andy Wiederhorn previously told The Oregonian/OregonLive the home, which he and his wife called “The Ivy,” would cost $12 million to rebuild from scratch.
Andy Wiederhorn was a lauded financier in Portland the 1990s and amassed $100 million in personal wealth by the age 31, but he found himself implicated in a financial scandal in 2000. He spent 15 months in prison after pleading guilty to charges of paying an illegal gratuity and filing a false tax return.
WHAT IS A FAKE DMCA AND WHY ARE WE LISTED HERE ?
In case you are one of the ‘beneficiaries’ listed in this report and are wondering what really happened, we suggest you look within. If it wasn’t you, or your associates, it is definitely the ‘Reputation’ or ‘SEO’ firm you have hired in the past. Perhaps even your law firm. So, instead of blaming us for this article, you must grill your Reputation/SEO firm and look for answers. We are merely publishing the facts available on public database and have nothing against you personally. It is more than likely that the service you hired indulged in criminal methods to deliver results for you.
Meanwhile, we are awaiting more information from Andy Wiederhorn, Oreganlive.com and Google to ascertain who was behind this fake DMCA. We’ll update this page once we have more information. If you have any information to add to this investigation, get in touch with us at [email protected]
Soon after we published the first set of our investigation reports on fake DMCAs, we managed to generate interest from online media such as Techdirt, Adweek and Huffington Post. Some of the key stories included our revelations on Torrence Boone , MoneyLife.in, Julia Scelfo and aReputation. We also shared unpublished data and information with 3 different law agencies who looked into this scam.
And we got results. We dented this fake DMCA industry and made sure we act as deterrent to the rogue reputation firms indulged in these criminal practices. Here are some of the outcomes and changes we made possible with the help of several other citizen lawyers and agencies –
- Ripoff Report wipes out Google (fake) Removals with a stroke of genius ! Thank you Ed – at webactivism.com
- Court finds evidence of ‘fraud on the Court’ in one of the missing-defendant libel takedown cases – at washingtonpost.com
- Default judgment aimed at deindexing apparently accurate information about person convicted of sex offense – at washingtonpost.com
- Panic and desperation getting the better of rogue reputation services – at webactivism.com
- Google still deindexing some material found by courts to be defamatory — but it’s being more skeptical – at washingtonpost.com
- Google Apparently No Longer Humoring Court Orders To Delist Defamatory Content – at techdirt.com
- Paul Levy Discovers Head Of Reputation Management Company Signed Off On Forged/Fraudulent Court Docs – at techdirt.com
- Filing Bogus Lawsuits As Part Of A ‘Reputation Management’ Strategy Costs Firm $71,000 – at techdirt.com
- Richart Ruddie Settles anti-SLAPP Claims, Makes Restitution; but the Guilty Companies Remain Unpunished – at typepad.com
- Who Filed Fake Copyright Infringement Complaints Against AgencySpy? – at adweek.com
- The Dark Art of Fake DMCA Takedown Requests – at huffingtonpost.com
Fake Fraudulent DMCA might seem inconspicuous, until its you at the receiving end of this crime. This is not a prank. This is not an inconvenience. This is not random. These fake DMCA cases are calculated criminal schemes targeting very specific and rather important information/content. These hitjobs are usually against media, in order to help their clients hide important information from public’s eye, all in the name of Reputation Management. Millions of dollars are spent doing this, and if no one wants to bring this topic to the fore, we will.
Our team will not constantly monitor and publish these reports on a DAILY basis without fail. And we do not plan to publish and forget. We will take constructive steps in order to expose the faces behind this scam, and to try and undo the damages. AND IF YOU INDEED PART OF THIS SCAM, WE WILL ENSURE THAT YOU GET WHAT’S COMING YOUR WAY.
This complaint and/or review was posted on Webactivism.com on June 02, 2018 and is a permanent record located here: http://webactivism.com/andy-wiederhorn-investigation-for-fraud-impersonation-and-perjury-fake-copyright-takedown-scam/. The posting time indicated is Central Standard Time.
Furthermore, Webactivism.com has an exclusive license to Andy Wiederhorn investigation. It may not be copied without the written permission of Webactivism.com. This investigation on Andy Wiederhorn is submitted and written by one of our member. Any and all opinions and information are published as is. We does not edit or remove any aspect of the report and is merely a free-speech platform.
As such, we cannot be held liable for the investigation reports and articles posted about Andy Wiederhorn.