Beneficiary of Fake DMCA:
- Car Match USA
- Perjury, Impersonation, Identity-theft, Misrepresentation
Fake Link/Website Used:
Date of Submission:
- March 17, 2016
ANALYZING THE FAKE DMCA
Let’s analyze the domain lewisburgtribune.com and this DMCA report –
- lewisburgtribune.com was acquired by the perpetrators in Sep 2015, from its previous owners skenzo.com
- The URL structure of the image in the article page http://lewisburgtribune.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/ST_20130922_JYSAIL22_3848259e_2x.jpg reveals that the article was published March 2016. The date of publishing is mentioned as Nov 17 2015, which is not proven to be a lie.
- And the fact that lewisburgtribune.com has been used in 4 fake DMCAs already
- And here is a random comment we found on that website –
SO WHAT WERE THEY TRYING TO HIDE ?
Car Match USA has a detailed complaint posted on Ripoff Report since past several months. There have been no rebuttals posted, and on face value, the report looks credible. Which means it’d probably be hurting Car Match USA’s business.
So, instead of addressing the problem with the complainant directly, Car Match USA decided to shut him off by having a fake DMCA filed against the Ripoff Report.
Read Smart Plan. Fantastic reading for us as well.
EDITOR’S COMMENT : For those who might ask – ‘why and how do we interject that ‘Car Match USA’ has something to do with this fake DMCA. Couldn’t it be a coincidence ?’, we will say this – When someone goes and creates a whole new fake news site, falsifies his/her identity and submits fake DMCA to try and de-list some very targeted content on Google, it signals intent and a plan. It is obvious that ‘Car Match USA’ or someone they hired was directly involved in this crime. Car Match USA also cannot plead ignorance in this matter, since this notice on Google search is hard to miss, really.