Beneficiary of Fake DMCA:
- Corey Allen Kotler
- Perjury, Impersonation, Identity-theft, Misrepresentation
Fake Link/Website Used:
- Devine Jeffrey
Date of Submission:
- 28 May 2017
ANALYZING THE FAKE DMCA
Let’s analyze this fake DMCA –
A free blog, conveniently set up at Weebly.com on 19th March 2017 has only 3 articles. The owner of this blog Devine Jeffrey does not seem to exist, but here is he, filing a DMCA against Ripoff Report.
There is really nothing more to prove here.
SO WHAT WERE THEY TRYING TO HIDE ?
It is the same old story. Someone famous has a negative review at Ripoff Report. It ranks high on Google and hurts their reputation as well as business.
Here’s a quote from the Ripoff Report –
My daughter was scouted on Canon Drive in Beverly Hills. To me this feels like mental abuse of children. If parents can’t afford or opt not to buy the “membership” at a cost of approximately $2500, $3500 or $4900. Our children are heartbroken after being mentally taken advantage of by these so called “agents’ pumping up the dreams of children and then leaving the parents to be the bad guys and having to break our children’s hearts after we spent all this money.
Beware – if these people approach your Child or Adult and they attempt to lure steer clear – don’t let them prey upon you and your dreams.
And Corey Allen Kotler did no good by trying a fraudulent method to confront these allegations. Now, we’re not so sure these allegations are fake.
WHAT IS A FAKE DMCA AND WHY ARE WE LISTED HERE ?
Soon after we published the first set of our investigation reports on fake DMCAs, we managed to generate interest from online media such as Techdirt, Adweek and Huffington Post. Some of the key stories included our revelations on Torrence Boone , MoneyLife.in, Julia Scelfo and aReputation. We also shared unpublished data and information with 3 different law agencies who looked into this scam.
And we got results. We dented this fake DMCA industry and made sure we act as deterrent to the rogue reputation firms indulged in these criminal practices. Here are some of the outcomes and changes we made possible with the help of several other citizen lawyers and agencies –
- Ripoff Report wipes out Google (fake) Removals with a stroke of genius ! Thank you Ed – at webactivism.com
- Court finds evidence of ‘fraud on the Court’ in one of the missing-defendant libel takedown cases – at washingtonpost.com
- Default judgment aimed at deindexing apparently accurate information about person convicted of sex offense – at washingtonpost.com
- Panic and desperation getting the better of rogue reputation services – at webactivism.com
- Google still deindexing some material found by courts to be defamatory — but it’s being more skeptical – at washingtonpost.com
- Google Apparently No Longer Humoring Court Orders To Delist Defamatory Content – at techdirt.com
- Paul Levy Discovers Head Of Reputation Management Company Signed Off On Forged/Fraudulent Court Docs – at techdirt.com
- Filing Bogus Lawsuits As Part Of A ‘Reputation Management’ Strategy Costs Firm $71,000 – at techdirt.com
- Richart Ruddie Settles anti-SLAPP Claims, Makes Restitution; but the Guilty Companies Remain Unpunished – at typepad.com
- Who Filed Fake Copyright Infringement Complaints Against AgencySpy? – at adweek.com
- The Dark Art of Fake DMCA Takedown Requests – at huffingtonpost.com
Fake Fraudulent DMCA might seem inconspicuous, until its you at the receiving end of this crime. This is not a prank. This is not an inconvenience. This is not random. These fake DMCA cases are calculated criminal schemes targeting very specific and rather important information/content. These hitjobs are usually against media, in order to help their clients hide important information from public’s eye, all in the name of Reputation Management. Millions of dollars are spent doing this, and if no one wants to bring this topic to the fore, we will.
Our team will not constantly monitor and publish these reports on a DAILY basis without fail. And we do not plan to publish and forget. We will take constructive steps in order to expose the faces behind this scam, and to try and undo the damages. AND IF YOU INDEED PART OF THIS SCAM, WE WILL ENSURE THAT YOU GET WHAT’S COMING YOUR WAY.