Beneficiary of Fake DMCA:
- Euro Movers Dubai
- Perjury, Impersonation, Identity-theft, Misrepresentation
Fake Link/Website Used:
- Sagacity Corporation
Date of Submission:
- August 15, 2014
ANALYZING THE FAKE DMCA
Let us analyze this series of fake DMCAs and how it could put Euro Movers Dubai in a spot of bother –
To understand how this DMCA notice is fake, you must know more about Sagacity Corporation, the alleged submitter of this (fake) notice.
Sagacity Corporation is a domain holding company which owns premium domains like complaints.com. They developed some of their websites, although complaints.com is not active anymore. And they certainly do NOT own complaint.com.mx , the domain name which claims to have hosted the original complaint.
In fact, complaint.com.mx was registered specifically for this purpose only. The domain has since then been abandoned and is now available for registration once again.
The rest of the report is self-explanatory. Here is what these scammers wrote in the DMCA notice against complaintsboard.com –
“The website owner of complaintsboard.com is a thug he keeps on copying the content from our well maintained websites which have our respect and reputation over the years.”
SO WHAT WERE THEY TRYING TO HIDE ?
Multiple unflattering reviews at Complaintsboard.com –
Euro Movers Dubai / Worst service ever!
We scheduled the first appointment on 6/9/16, they showed up at 5. Our complaint was that the ac was not keeping the room cool enough and our unit continued to run constantly. A tech named Ilan M., diagnosed the issue to be that the unit needed cleaning, he washed the drain pain (acid wash) then flushed the drain pan. He charge me $247.50 for 10 minutes.
I had to call two days later 6/11/16, and complained that the drain pan was full of water again and that the air was not cooler nor running less.
The second tech arrived took pictures and said the first guy did not do anything he charged us for and said he ripped us off. He did not clean coils, drain pan was full and drain pipe was clogged, and that the freon was low, this tech did not charge for the cleaning nor the freon and said “we are even”. The second tech said he would be back on Sunday 6/12/16 to see if the freon was leaking out.
On Sunday a third guy out, he claimed to do a sniffer test, and could not find a leak, and claimed a different test would have to be done, and wanted to charge us for an additional call to do what we had already paid for.
This company cannot diagnose your issues, they just keep telling you something different with each tech that shows up throwing each other under the bus on what they all did not do. Three techs later and we still have the same problem.
They are very unprofessional and have no clue how to service ac, DONT CALL THEM THEY HAVE NO CLUE, THEY ARE RIPPING EVERYONE OFF.
You can read the entire review at – https://www.complaintsboard.com/complaints/euro-movers-dubai-c431198.html
WHAT IS A FAKE DMCA AND WHY ARE WE LISTED HERE ?
Soon after we published the first set of our investigation reports on fake DMCAs, we managed to generate interest from online media such as Techdirt, Adweek and Huffington Post. Some of the key stories included our revelations on Torrence Boone , MoneyLife.in, Julia Scelfo and aReputation. We also shared unpublished data and information with 3 different law agencies who looked into this scam.
And we got results. We dented this fake DMCA industry and made sure we act as deterrent to the rogue reputation firms indulged in these criminal practices. Here are some of the outcomes and changes we made possible with the help of several other citizen lawyers and agencies –
- Ripoff Report wipes out Google (fake) Removals with a stroke of genius ! Thank you Ed – at webactivism.com
- Court finds evidence of ‘fraud on the Court’ in one of the missing-defendant libel takedown cases – at washingtonpost.com
- Default judgment aimed at deindexing apparently accurate information about person convicted of sex offense – at washingtonpost.com
- Panic and desperation getting the better of rogue reputation services – at webactivism.com
- Google still deindexing some material found by courts to be defamatory — but it’s being more skeptical – at washingtonpost.com
- Google Apparently No Longer Humoring Court Orders To Delist Defamatory Content – at techdirt.com
- Paul Levy Discovers Head Of Reputation Management Company Signed Off On Forged/Fraudulent Court Docs – at techdirt.com
- Filing Bogus Lawsuits As Part Of A ‘Reputation Management’ Strategy Costs Firm $71,000 – at techdirt.com
- Richart Ruddie Settles anti-SLAPP Claims, Makes Restitution; but the Guilty Companies Remain Unpunished – at typepad.com
- Who Filed Fake Copyright Infringement Complaints Against AgencySpy? – at adweek.com
- The Dark Art of Fake DMCA Takedown Requests – at huffingtonpost.com
Fake Fraudulent DMCA might seem inconspicuous, until its you at the receiving end of this crime. This is not a prank. This is not an inconvenience. This is not random. These fake DMCA cases are calculated criminal schemes targeting very specific and rather important information/content. These hitjobs are usually against media, in order to help their clients hide important information from public’s eye, all in the name of Reputation Management. Millions of dollars are spent doing this, and if no one wants to bring this topic to the fore, we will.
Our team will not constantly monitor and publish these reports on a DAILY basis without fail. And we do not plan to publish and forget. We will take constructive steps in order to expose the faces behind this scam, and to try and undo the damages. AND IF YOU INDEED PART OF THIS SCAM, WE WILL ENSURE THAT YOU GET WHAT’S COMING YOUR WAY.