Beneficiary of Fake DMCA:
- Glenn Connelly
- Perjury, Impersonation, Identity-theft, Misrepresentation
Fake Link/Website Used:
- Internet Removals on behalf of Consumer Reviews Australia
Date of Submission:
- September 01, 2016
ANALYZING THE FAKE DMCA
So let’s examine this fake DMCA –
This was apparently filed by ‘Consumer Reviews Australia’, a blog (now shut) that routinely publishes reports on scams and frauds. It was a popular blog, and highly credible. So when we saw a DMCA notice with their name on it, it triggered an alert. This was was also the ONLY time any DMCA was filed by ‘Consumer Reviews Australia’, ever.
And to no one’s surprise, they confirmed to us that they had no idea about this DMCA.
But that’s not the end of story. We discovered another fake DMCA notice related to this case –
Have a look at it –
The original link and infringing links remain the same –
Of course it’s highly unlikely that Bartercard Pty Ltd hired someone to file a DMCA on their behalf, against a link that has nothing to do with them.
SO WHAT WERE THEY TRYING TO HIDE ?
This, published on Scam Book, with several exchange of comments in the thread –
Tracy Mann and Glenn Connelly and Jacob Gough Vinnco Scam
Is it true that Glenn Connelly is being charged with charity fraud and this fraud occurred when he was a Managing Partner in Vinnco with Jacob Gough.
Has Jacob Gough, Tracy Mann and Andrew hawkes been charged yet and if not why not.
Anyone who starts a company or works for a company knowing on of the partners is a convicted criminal and fraudster is fully responsible for ANY crimes committed against the money their clients have paid.
You have been scammed by Vinnco with its criminal partner Glenn Connelly and his partner Jacob Gough the con man. Slimy Andrew (sell my soul) Hawkes would say anything for a quick buck and knowingly sold the Vinnco brand even though it was contaminated by criminals and con men. This guy is a total sleaze and needs to be held fully to account.
Tracy Mann is the other con artist involved and also knowingly let people put money into a scheme that was run by a criminal and fraudster.
Now they are merging with BBOM and known and named pyramid scam out of Brazil. InterBBOM – stands for more money for Jacob, Glenn, Andrew and Tracy and none for the people that have put all the money into Vinnco.
This is a disgrace and more people need to be made accountable.
WHAT IS A FAKE DMCA AND WHY ARE WE LISTED HERE ?
Soon after we published the first set of our investigation reports on fake DMCAs, we managed to generate interest from online media such as Techdirt, Adweek and Huffington Post. Some of the key stories included our revelations on Torrence Boone , MoneyLife.in, Julia Scelfo and aReputation. We also shared unpublished data and information with 3 different law agencies who looked into this scam.
And we got results. We dented this fake DMCA industry and made sure we act as deterrent to the rogue reputation firms indulged in these criminal practices. Here are some of the outcomes and changes we made possible with the help of several other citizen lawyers and agencies –
- Ripoff Report wipes out Google (fake) Removals with a stroke of genius ! Thank you Ed – at webactivism.com
- Court finds evidence of ‘fraud on the Court’ in one of the missing-defendant libel takedown cases – at washingtonpost.com
- Default judgment aimed at deindexing apparently accurate information about person convicted of sex offense – at washingtonpost.com
- Panic and desperation getting the better of rogue reputation services – at webactivism.com
- Google still deindexing some material found by courts to be defamatory — but it’s being more skeptical – at washingtonpost.com
- Google Apparently No Longer Humoring Court Orders To Delist Defamatory Content – at techdirt.com
- Paul Levy Discovers Head Of Reputation Management Company Signed Off On Forged/Fraudulent Court Docs – at techdirt.com
- Filing Bogus Lawsuits As Part Of A ‘Reputation Management’ Strategy Costs Firm $71,000 – at techdirt.com
- Richart Ruddie Settles anti-SLAPP Claims, Makes Restitution; but the Guilty Companies Remain Unpunished – at typepad.com
- Who Filed Fake Copyright Infringement Complaints Against AgencySpy? – at adweek.com
- The Dark Art of Fake DMCA Takedown Requests – at huffingtonpost.com
Fake Fraudulent DMCA might seem inconspicuous, until its you at the receiving end of this crime. This is not a prank. This is not an inconvenience. This is not random. These fake DMCA cases are calculated criminal schemes targeting very specific and rather important information/content. These hitjobs are usually against media, in order to help their clients hide important information from public’s eye, all in the name of Reputation Management. Millions of dollars are spent doing this, and if no one wants to bring this topic to the fore, we will.
Our team will not constantly monitor and publish these reports on a DAILY basis without fail. And we do not plan to publish and forget. We will take constructive steps in order to expose the faces behind this scam, and to try and undo the damages. AND IF YOU INDEED PART OF THIS SCAM, WE WILL ENSURE THAT YOU GET WHAT’S COMING YOUR WAY.