Beneficiary of Fake DMCA:
- Goel Ganga Group
- Perjury, Impersonation, Identity-theft, Misrepresentation
Fake Link/Website Used:
Date of Submission:
- February 20, 2018
ANALYZING THE FAKE DMCA
** Investigation in progress **
Yes, that’s right. Our team and friends are currently investigating this fake DMCA incident and analyzing all the public data we have with us. Right now we have the evidence captured and archived, we are still waiting for a response from Goel Ganga Group, Google and other related parties involved in this fake DMCA. This could take up to a couple of weeks.
However, make no mistake. This is indeed a case of copyright take-down fraud purported in order to hide online content. Once we compile all the facts of this case with due diligence, the final report will be published here.
We fight for the truth. If you have anything to contribute to this report or want to provide critical information against Goel Ganga Group, you can get in touch with us at [email protected] We’re open for dialogue, unless your intention is to threaten us and waste your time.
SO WHAT WERE THEY TRYING TO HIDE ?
In particular, a negative review/story against Goel Ganga Group which potentially hurt business and reputation. Here is an excerpt from that report –
After booking a two-bedroom apartment of their choice in a project by city builder, Goel Ganga Group, a serving army officer, Major Harshinder Thakur, and his wife Preetika were shocked to know that the price of the apartment had been raised by almost 20% in six months.
“Accepting either of the two options is unfair to us. We zeroed down the project keeping several aspects in mind, including the reputation of the builder. Six months later, he can’t tell us either to pay more or cancel the booking because we won’t get another apartment for the same price in the same area. If we had known that the apartment would be beyond our budget we would have gone to another builder and not lost out on time,” argued Preetika.
The managing director of the Goel Ganga Group, Atul Goel said, “I can understand the couple’s predicament. But I am helpless as the project got delayed due to certain revision of plans that we had to apply for after the town planning department changed its by-laws. Our sanctioned plans had to be put up for revision, which took almost a year.”
Goel said the group is willing to return the booking amount with interest and have also offered them the apartment at Rs3,000 PSF, even though the present selling price is Rs3,500 PSF. “I don’t want to jeopardise our relationship with our customers,” he added.
The builder’s explanations did not cut ice with the couple, who claimed that they have already incurred a cumulative loss of about Rs50,000 as a result of the delay. “We don’t want to accept this type of behaviour since it is principally not right. We can accept his new quoted price, but we fear it would set a bad precedent and would be unethical,” reiterated Preetika.
Read the full article at – https://www.dnaindia.com/business/report-home-buyer-feels-cheated-by-goel-ganga-group-1513621
WHAT IS A FAKE DMCA AND WHY ARE WE LISTED HERE ?
Soon after we published the first set of our investigation reports on fake DMCAs, we managed to generate interest from online media such as Techdirt, Adweek and Huffington Post. Some of the key stories included our revelations on Roosh V, Idea Buyer, Qnet , Tai Lopez ,Amira Nature Food, Grant Cardone and more. We also shared unpublished data and information with 3 different law agencies who looked into this scam.
And we got results. We dented this fake DMCA industry and made sure we act as deterrent to the rogue reputation firms indulged in these criminal practices. Here are some of the outcomes and changes we made possible with the help of several other citizen lawyers and agencies –
- Ripoff Report wipes out Google (fake) Removals with a stroke of genius ! Thank you Ed – at webactivism.com
- Court finds evidence of ‘fraud on the Court’ in one of the missing-defendant libel takedown cases – at washingtonpost.com
- Default judgment aimed at deindexing apparently accurate information about person convicted of sex offense – at washingtonpost.com
- Panic and desperation getting the better of rogue reputation services – at webactivism.com
- Google still deindexing some material found by courts to be defamatory — but it’s being more skeptical – at washingtonpost.com
- Google Apparently No Longer Humoring Court Orders To Delist Defamatory Content – at techdirt.com
- Paul Levy Discovers Head Of Reputation Management Company Signed Off On Forged/Fraudulent Court Docs – at techdirt.com
- Filing Bogus Lawsuits As Part Of A ‘Reputation Management’ Strategy Costs Firm $71,000 – at techdirt.com
- Richart Ruddie Settles anti-SLAPP Claims, Makes Restitution; but the Guilty Companies Remain Unpunished – at typepad.com
- Who Filed Fake Copyright Infringement Complaints Against AgencySpy? – at adweek.com
- The Dark Art of Fake DMCA Takedown Requests – at huffingtonpost.com
Fake Fraudulent DMCA might seem inconspicuous, until it’s you at the receiving end of this crime. This is not a prank. This is not an inconvenience. This is not random. These fake DMCA cases are calculated criminal schemes targeting very specific and rather important information/content. These hitjobs are usually against media, in order to help their client hide important information from public’s eye, all in the name of Reputation Management. Millions of dollars are spent doing this, and if no one wants to bring this topic to the fore, we will.
Our team will not constantly monitor and publish these reports on a DAILY basis without fail. And we do not plan to publish and forget. We will take constructive steps in order to expose the faces behind this scam, and to try and undo the damages. AND IF YOU INDEED PART OF THIS SCAM, WE WILL ENSURE THAT YOU GET WHAT’S COMING YOUR WAY.