Beneficiary of Fake DMCA:
- GTL Infra
- Perjury, Impersonation, Identity-theft, Misrepresentation
Fake Link/Website Used:
- Raj Verma
Date of Submission:
- June 15, 2016
ANALYZING THE FAKE DMCA
GTL Infra was hit by dozens of News Portals covering a news article whose title was –
GTL Infra has admitted undisclosed income of more than Rs 500 crore to Income Tax department
One such website which covered this news on the very first day, and which was ranking on #1 on Google was on –
The article had 31 comments, mostly critical of GTL Infra.
The fake DMCA forced the blogger to remove this article.
Let us analyze the DMCA –
The fake DMCA claimed that the article, initially covered by ANI, was originally published on a fake (free) blog at http://scamsalloverworld.weebly.com
That link – https://scamsalloverworld.weebly.com/blog/gtl-infra-admits-undisclosed-income-of-rs500-cr-to-i-t-news18032012 is now conveniently gone from the internet once the fake DMCA managed to force the blogger to remove the target article.
One look at this free blog – https://scamsalloverworld.weebly.com/ suggest that the website contains only specific negative content which a Reputation Agency has carefully planted (and backdated) to file other fake DMCAs.
Here are a few more fake DMCAs filed by the same person – https://www.lumendatabase.org/notices/search?utf8=%E2%9C%93&term=scamsalloverworld.weebly.com&sort_by=
- https://www.lumendatabase.org/notices/11965607 – Kumar Builders, Pune (India)
- https://www.lumendatabase.org/notices/12070971 – True Value Homes, Chennai (India)
- https://www.lumendatabase.org/notices/11890677 – Dr. Garima Tyagi
- https://www.lumendatabase.org/notices/11965554 – SJR Group, Bangalore
- https://www.lumendatabase.org/notices/12070995 – SJR Group, Bangalore
- https://www.lumendatabase.org/notices/12257524 – Micromax Co-founder Rajesh Agarwal
- https://www.lumendatabase.org/notices/12603322 – RummyCircle
- https://www.lumendatabase.org/notices/12729168 – Tatafcom
- https://www.lumendatabase.org/notices/12319317 – NSEL Scam – Jignesh Shah
- https://www.lumendatabase.org/notices/11736371 – Shree Neelkanth Expert
- https://www.lumendatabase.org/notices/11811725 – Galgotias Institute of Management & Technology
- https://www.lumendatabase.org/notices/11994286 – Shubh Jewellers
At least we won’t have to second-guess the location of this rogue Reputation Agency. We will be covering these other fake DMCA’s in our upcoming reports.
SO WHAT WERE THEY TRYING TO HIDE ?
GTL Infra ran into some negative press in 2011. Now, GTL Infra is a billion dollar reat estate firm, and these negative news hurt their reputation.
GTL Infra admits undisclosed income of Rs 500 cr
That’s some pretty headline. This was published on major News Portals and we know that GTL Infra hired a Reputation firm to get rid of those old archives.
The most these people managed to remove, was one article from a Free Blog – http://sharemarkettipsfree.blogspot.in. Of course, we’ll be republishing this article immediately.
WHAT IS A FAKE DMCA AND WHY ARE WE LISTED HERE ?
Soon after we published the first set of our investigation reports on fake DMCAs, we managed to generate interest from online media such as Techdirt, Adweek and Huffington Post. Some of the key stories included our revelations on Torrence Boone , MoneyLife.in, Julia Scelfo and aReputation. We also shared unpublished data and information with 3 different law agencies who looked into this scam.
And we got results. We dented this fake DMCA industry and made sure we act as deterrent to the rogue reputation firms indulged in these criminal practices. Here are some of the outcomes and changes we made possible with the help of several other citizen lawyers and agencies –
- Ripoff Report wipes out Google (fake) Removals with a stroke of genius ! Thank you Ed – at webactivism.com
- Court finds evidence of ‘fraud on the Court’ in one of the missing-defendant libel takedown cases – at washingtonpost.com
- Default judgment aimed at deindexing apparently accurate information about person convicted of sex offense – at washingtonpost.com
- Panic and desperation getting the better of rogue reputation services – at webactivism.com
- Google still deindexing some material found by courts to be defamatory — but it’s being more skeptical – at washingtonpost.com
- Google Apparently No Longer Humoring Court Orders To Delist Defamatory Content – at techdirt.com
- Paul Levy Discovers Head Of Reputation Management Company Signed Off On Forged/Fraudulent Court Docs – at techdirt.com
- Filing Bogus Lawsuits As Part Of A ‘Reputation Management’ Strategy Costs Firm $71,000 – at techdirt.com
- Richart Ruddie Settles anti-SLAPP Claims, Makes Restitution; but the Guilty Companies Remain Unpunished – at typepad.com
- Who Filed Fake Copyright Infringement Complaints Against AgencySpy? – at adweek.com
- The Dark Art of Fake DMCA Takedown Requests – at huffingtonpost.com
Fake Fraudulent DMCA might seem inconspicuous, until its you at the receiving end of this crime. This is not a prank. This is not an inconvenience. This is not random. These fake DMCA cases are calculated criminal schemes targeting very specific and rather important information/content. These hitjobs are usually against media, in order to help their clients hide important information from public’s eye, all in the name of Reputation Management. Millions of dollars are spent doing this, and if no one wants to bring this topic to the fore, we will.
Our team will not constantly monitor and publish these reports on a DAILY basis without fail. And we do not plan to publish and forget. We will take constructive steps in order to expose the faces behind this scam, and to try and undo the damages. AND IF YOU INDEED PART OF THIS SCAM, WE WILL ENSURE THAT YOU GET WHAT’S COMING YOUR WAY.