Beneficiary of Fake DMCA:
- Hansford University
- Perjury, Impersonation, Identity-theft, Misrepresentation
Fake Link/Website Used:
- Jaycee Smith
Date of Submission:
- June 26, 2014
ANALYZING THE FAKE DMCA
If you look at our previous investigation report on Queen bay University, you’ll find that the same person created a fake blog, posted few articles with content copied and backdated to look like it was the original content.
Here is the fake blog – https://schoolinspector.wordpress.com
It did not work for Queen Bay University. However, it took down the Ripoffreport complaint from Google Search Results, something which we’re going to fix in the coming days –
So let’s closely examine this claim –
- The blog which these DMCA con artists claimed to be the original source of the content – https://schoolinspector.wordpress.com , has only 4 posts, all created on 23rd Sep 2014 as listed in their webpage meta-property.
- The other posts on this blog was for Queen Bay University, another fake DMCA case which we have published already .
- It is evident that this fake blog was created for the sole purpose of adding and backdating certain content, and then claiming ownership for the copyrights to the same content published at PissedConsumer.com.
- As a backup to the above, the perpetrators filed another fake DMCA in less than 3 weeks, with a slight twist.
- Both of these attempts failed for QueensBay University. It however worked for Hansford University
- The other universities listed here are – BAYTOWN UNIVERSITY, OXDELL UNIVERSITY, SANDERFORD UNIVERSITY, WILLINGTON UNIVERSITY . We’re investigating potential links between them and more DMCA cases related. We already found one – https://www.lumendatabase.org/notices/1330415
SO WHAT WERE THEY TRYING TO HIDE ?
It is the same old story. Someone has a negative review at Ripoff Report. It ranks high on Google and hurts their reputation as well as business.
This review alleged that Hansford University indulged in unethical behavior and uses telemarketing tricks to sell fraudulent degrees. It further alleges that the university is a total scam and does not physically exist, and is operated virtually. We cannot verify the authenticity of these claims.
Ever since the fake DMCA attempts have been revealed, we’re not so sure these allegations are fake.
EDITOR’S COMMENT : For those who might ask – ‘why and how do we interject that ‘Hansford University ‘ has something to do with this fake DMCA. Couldn’t it be a coincidence ?’, we will say this – When someone goes and creates a whole new fake news site, falsifies his/her identity and submits fake DMCA to try and de-list some very targeted content on Google, it signals intent and a plan. It is obvious that ‘Hansford University ‘ or someone they hired was directly involved in this crime. Hansford University also cannot plead ignorance in this matter, since this notice on Google search is hard to miss, really.