Beneficiary of Fake DMCA:
- Idea Buyer, LLC
- Perjury, Impersonation, Identity-theft, Misrepresentation
Fake Link/Website Used:
- Leo Host
Date of Submission:
- August 13, 2018
ANALYZING THE FAKE DMCA
Lets analyze this fake DMCA –
The DMCA was filed by ‘LEO HOST’, an unknown entity who filed a copyright takedown notice on behalf of Ripoff Report. That’s obviously fake, because we know first hand that Ripoff Report does NOT hire anyone else to file DMCAs for them.
In fact, the more we checked on LEO HOST, the more it became clear that we’re dealing with a rogue reputation firm. Here are some of the other fake DMCAs they filed, along with their beneficiary names –
- https://www.lumendatabase.org/notices/17158871 Idea Buyer LLC
- https://www.lumendatabase.org/notices/17135833 Idea Buyer LLC
- https://www.lumendatabase.org/notices/17128928 Fitness Deals USA
- https://www.lumendatabase.org/notices/17115551 Idea Buyer LLC
- https://www.lumendatabase.org/notices/17086548 Davison RIDC Park (targeting IdeaPros.com)
- https://www.lumendatabase.org/notices/17085906 Automattic.com (WordPress parent company) (targeting IdeaPros.com)
- https://www.lumendatabase.org/notices/17086529 Penguin Publishing House (targeting IdeaPros.com)
- https://www.lumendatabase.org/notices/17085862 Idea Buyer LLC
- https://www.lumendatabase.org/notices/17086531 Penguin Publishing House (targeting IdeaPros.com)
- https://www.lumendatabase.org/notices/17086547 Davison RIDC Park (targeting IdeaPros.com)
So here’s the story. Apart from another beneficiary (Fitness Deals USA), all other 9 fake DMCAs were in order to help hide all negative reviews against IdeaBuyer.com, as well as target their rival Ideapros.com.
Here are the other fake DMCA details –
In all these DMCA notices, the perpetrator misrepresents himself to be filing these legal notices on behalf of legitimate entities, like Automattic.com, Ripoff Report, Pissed Consumer.com. This means that the perpetrator not only filed bogus copyright takedown notices, but they committed impersonation and perjury at will.
Here’s the fun part. Idea Buyer LLC has signed up with Ripoff Report and paid them to become a Verified Company under a Corporate Advocacy Program. It costs a lost, it does. Then Idea Buyer LLC simply turns around, impersonates Ripoff Report and files bogus DMCAs in their name.
So as a matter of fairness, and completely using the fair use policy, here are some of the excerpts from all the complaints that Idea Buyer LLC tried to remove –
And for some reason, Idea Buyer LLC does not want ideapros.com to exist. We are trying to get in touch with them to find out more about whats happening.
As for legal actions against Idea Buyer LLC, we will ensure that the media, the relevant complaint websites and all parties involved are informed of what happened.
SO WHAT WERE THEY TRYING TO HIDE ?
A damning review at Ripoff Report, ofcourse. Here’ is what is said, verbatim –
I own a Patent, and Tools that Enhance secondary oil production.
I contacted ERIC CORL, IDEA BUYER on the Internet. He is saturated on the web to buy Patents and Inventions, Ideas etc. Mr. Corl Purchased my Patent last year, and defaulted in May, after one year of Payments.
He owes $1,400,000. I am a Senior and not in great health. He knew this and continued to change payment schedules, tried to change from one year to five? He executed the Docs under his name and Idea Buyer. He shows a great Bio, and information on his website, Newsletters, Business affiliations, website and on the Internet.
He has failed in all that he advertises. Cannot contact him or his associates? This need be a warning to others.….
You can read the entire review at – https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/idea-buyer-llc-trusted-business-ripoff-report-verified-businesses-you-can-trust-customer-satisfaction-guarantee-ideabuyercom-serves-as-an-effective-platform-for-inventors-to-sell-and-license-intellectual-property-to-leading-consumer-product-companies-entrepreneurs-idea-buyer-is-continuing-to-grow-our-relationships-with-companies-seeking-new-products-and-inventors-universities-and-corporations-who-are-looking-to-sell-or-license-intellectual-property/internet/eric-corl-idea-buyer-ideabuyerllc-ideabuyercom-ideabuyer-internet-497346
WHAT IS A FAKE DMCA AND WHY ARE WE LISTED HERE ?
Soon after we published the first set of our investigation reports on fake DMCAs, we managed to generate interest from online media such as Techdirt, Adweek and Huffington Post. Some of the key stories included our revelations on Torrence Boone , MoneyLife.in, Julia Scelfo and aReputation. We also shared unpublished data and information with 3 different law agencies who looked into this scam.
And we got results. We dented this fake DMCA industry and made sure we act as deterrent to the rogue reputation firms indulged in these criminal practices. Here are some of the outcomes and changes we made possible with the help of several other citizen lawyers and agencies –
- Ripoff Report wipes out Google (fake) Removals with a stroke of genius ! Thank you Ed – at webactivism.com
- Court finds evidence of ‘fraud on the Court’ in one of the missing-defendant libel takedown cases – at washingtonpost.com
- Default judgment aimed at deindexing apparently accurate information about person convicted of sex offense – at washingtonpost.com
- Panic and desperation getting the better of rogue reputation services – at webactivism.com
- Google still deindexing some material found by courts to be defamatory — but it’s being more skeptical – at washingtonpost.com
- Google Apparently No Longer Humoring Court Orders To Delist Defamatory Content – at techdirt.com
- Paul Levy Discovers Head Of Reputation Management Company Signed Off On Forged/Fraudulent Court Docs – at techdirt.com
- Filing Bogus Lawsuits As Part Of A ‘Reputation Management’ Strategy Costs Firm $71,000 – at techdirt.com
- Richart Ruddie Settles anti-SLAPP Claims, Makes Restitution; but the Guilty Companies Remain Unpunished – at typepad.com
- Who Filed Fake Copyright Infringement Complaints Against AgencySpy? – at adweek.com
- The Dark Art of Fake DMCA Takedown Requests – at huffingtonpost.com
Fake Fraudulent DMCA might seem inconspicuous, until its you at the receiving end of this crime. This is not a prank. This is not an inconvenience. This is not random. These fake DMCA cases are calculated criminal schemes targeting very specific and rather important information/content. These hitjobs are usually against media, in order to help their clients hide important information from public’s eye, all in the name of Reputation Management. Millions of dollars are spent doing this, and if no one wants to bring this topic to the fore, we will.
Our team will not constantly monitor and publish these reports on a DAILY basis without fail. And we do not plan to publish and forget. We will take constructive steps in order to expose the faces behind this scam, and to try and undo the damages. AND IF YOU INDEED PART OF THIS SCAM, WE WILL ENSURE THAT YOU GET WHAT’S COMING YOUR WAY.