Beneficiary of Fake DMCA:
- Khalifa Al-Saif
- Address: Khalifa Abdulmohsin Al Saif Group Company, Khaledia Business Center, North Tower – 6th floor, Olaya Street, Riyadh 11422 – Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
- Website: https://www.alsaifgroup.com
- Phone: +966 11464 8700
- Perjury, Impersonation, Identity-theft, Misrepresentation
Fake Link/Website Used:
- sada kant
- CNN iReport
Date of Submission:
- May 03, 2017
- November 29, 2017
ANALYZING THE FAKE DMCA
A simple DMCA fraud purported by Khalifa Al-Saif and the Reputation Firm they hired.
Let’s analyze –
They set up a fake News Site at ireport-cnn.blogspot.com (No connection with CNN, ofcourse), planted a content on the fake website, backdated it and filed a DMCA report claiming that their’s was the original one.
The planted content has now been removed from this website.
This not only involves Impersonation and Perjury, but also a major copyright infringement on CNN themselves. We wonder what CNN has to say about this incident when we contact with regarding this.
SO WHAT WERE THEY TRYING TO HIDE ?
This article, published on a WordPress.com blog –
Oppression by a Saudi Employer ‘Khalifa Al-Saif’
I, Syed Ali Mohammed Faris – Sri lankan citizen age 57 worked in ‘Khalifa Al-Saif Motors’ (Franchise Jaguar Land Rover in Saudi Arabia) for last 17 years as stock controller. I was terminated in Dec 2010 without one month notice period and service benefits for 17 years worth about SR 40,000 ($10,666). I kept on following up with management but Mr. Amer Sohail Rammay – National Finance and Admin Manager was giving me false hopes and promises to wait until chairman Mr. Khalifa Al-Saif got out of prison. Mr. Khalifa was approving all financial transactions and salaries from prison but never signed my cheque for service benefits. Mr. Khalifa Al-Saif was released from jail few months back and I met him inorder to let my dues be cleared and to give me release or exit visa to go back to my country but he never listened to me and told me to contact Mr. Amer Sohail Rammay. Both of them did not help me at all.
In Jan 2012, I reserved air ticket twice to go back to Sri Lanka to attend the wedding of my eldest daughter but Mr. Amer Sohail Rammay was giving me false promises and did not arrange my exit re-entry visa. Finally, I could not attend my daughter’s wedding! Two months ago, I faced an accident and my spinal cord got fractured. I was advised for an urgent operation but did not have means for that. Neither I have medical insurance from sponsor nor I have SR55,000 to pay for this operation. Again, I requested Mr. Khalifa andto help me in getting medical treatment but they ignored as usual. I then approached labour court but no one showed up from employer’s side in the hearings. The court wrote to Al-Naseem police to present my employer in court and even they failed to provide me justice. Some local guy from my employer’s side approached me and threatened that Mr. Khalifa Al-Saif would ship me back to Sril Lanka forcefully and I would be banned from re-entering into Saudi Arabia for five years. Recently, labour court’s representative informed me that I was late to file a case against my employer so, in other words, he apologised. Surprisingly, the Saudi labour court informed this after filing my case and writing to Al-Naseem police… The law for a poor expatriate with no wasta (reference) changed overnight! At present my status is; I with fractured spinal cord have empty pockets, no income, no permanent shelter, no release from my employer (Khalifa Al-Saif Motors), no final exit from my employer, expired Saudi residence permit, no passport to travel as my passport is withheld by my employer and no clearance of my service benefits by my employer while my family in Sri Lanka has lost hopes to see me ever!!!
After all, what’s my mistake???
WHAT IS A FAKE DMCA AND WHY ARE WE LISTED HERE ?
Soon after we published the first set of our investigation reports on fake DMCAs, we managed to generate interest from online media such as Techdirt, Adweek and Huffington Post. Some of the key stories included our revelations on Torrence Boone , MoneyLife.in, Julia Scelfo and aReputation. We also shared unpublished data and information with 3 different law agencies who looked into this scam.
And we got results. We dented this fake DMCA industry and made sure we act as deterrent to the rogue reputation firms indulged in these criminal practices. Here are some of the outcomes and changes we made possible with the help of several other citizen lawyers and agencies –
- Ripoff Report wipes out Google (fake) Removals with a stroke of genius ! Thank you Ed – at webactivism.com
- Court finds evidence of ‘fraud on the Court’ in one of the missing-defendant libel takedown cases – at washingtonpost.com
- Default judgment aimed at deindexing apparently accurate information about person convicted of sex offense – at washingtonpost.com
- Panic and desperation getting the better of rogue reputation services – at webactivism.com
- Google still deindexing some material found by courts to be defamatory — but it’s being more skeptical – at washingtonpost.com
- Google Apparently No Longer Humoring Court Orders To Delist Defamatory Content – at techdirt.com
- Paul Levy Discovers Head Of Reputation Management Company Signed Off On Forged/Fraudulent Court Docs – at techdirt.com
- Filing Bogus Lawsuits As Part Of A ‘Reputation Management’ Strategy Costs Firm $71,000 – at techdirt.com
- Richart Ruddie Settles anti-SLAPP Claims, Makes Restitution; but the Guilty Companies Remain Unpunished – at typepad.com
- Who Filed Fake Copyright Infringement Complaints Against AgencySpy? – at adweek.com
- The Dark Art of Fake DMCA Takedown Requests – at huffingtonpost.com
Fake Fraudulent DMCA might seem inconspicuous, until its you at the receiving end of this crime. This is not a prank. This is not an inconvenience. This is not random. These fake DMCA cases are calculated criminal schemes targeting very specific and rather important information/content. These hitjobs are usually against media, in order to help their clients hide important information from public’s eye, all in the name of Reputation Management. Millions of dollars are spent doing this, and if no one wants to bring this topic to the fore, we will.
Our team will not constantly monitor and publish these reports on a DAILY basis without fail. And we do not plan to publish and forget. We will take constructive steps in order to expose the faces behind this scam, and to try and undo the damages. AND IF YOU INDEED PART OF THIS SCAM, WE WILL ENSURE THAT YOU GET WHAT’S COMING YOUR WAY.