Beneficiary of Fake DMCA:
- Pathway Visas
- Perjury, Impersonation, Identity-theft, Misrepresentation
Fake Link/Website Used:
- Sandeep Singh
Date of Submission:
- June 27, 2017
ANALYZING THE FAKE DMCA
Let us analyze this series of fake DMCAs and how it could put Pathway Visas in a spot of bother –
There are 5 more fake DMCAs, but we’ll focus on these 2, filed by Shikha Singh and Sandeep Singh between June-August 2017.
The modus operandi was simple – Set up a fake complaint platform – http://complaintguru.esy.es , a free hosted website at Hostinger.co.uk. The perpetrators then plant the target content on this website, backdate it and claim that their’s was the original.
They then file a DMCA on Google, hoping that Google will remove the original complaints at PissedConsumer.com from search engine results.
In one of the complaints, it seems they even succeeded in removing some of the complaints –
Along came Webactivism.com ! We have filed counter-notices on all these fake DMCAs and ensured that the removed content is being indexed back on Google.
PissedConsumer.com will also be duly notified. The last time PissedConsumer was the victim of fake DMCAs, they sued the parties for over 100k USD –
We can safely assume this is not the last time we hear about Pathway Visas and Pissedconsumer together in a headline.
SO WHAT WERE THEY TRYING TO HIDE ?
An unflattering review at PissedConsumer.com –
I paid over 9,000 AED to these bogus consultants www.pathwayvisas.com SCAM based in Office 1202 ,Prism Tower, Business Bay – Dubai. I signed up for an Australian PR visa, by promises with an arabic speaking consultant Jawed at PATHWAY VISAS fake , even though my occupation is not on any state lists, I was given promises that the states would open up by this FAKE lying agent with a rude accent.
I wasnt told that I needed an 7 band academic in each field, they told me 6 band is fine, now my skills assessment is rejected and I cant apply for an EOI. www.pathwayvisas.com is refusing to give my money back. I can say this to everyone, PATHWAYVISAS.COM is a scam they have no skills, are not lawyers or professionals, they are all juniors who know nothing about immigration and they will call you and take your credit card details and they will LIE to you, they will say anything to GET YOUR MONEY. and once you have paid you are stuck and trapped and they will never give your money back.
SO PATHWAY VISAS is a MONEY MAKING SCAM!!
Be careful of this FAKE PATHWAYVISAS.COM
You can read the entire review at – https://pathway-visas.pissedconsumer.com/www-pathwayvisas-com-do-not-use-them-20160610863386.html
WHAT IS A FAKE DMCA AND WHY ARE WE LISTED HERE ?
Soon after we published the first set of our investigation reports on fake DMCAs, we managed to generate interest from online media such as Techdirt, Adweek and Huffington Post. Some of the key stories included our revelations on Torrence Boone , MoneyLife.in, Julia Scelfo and aReputation. We also shared unpublished data and information with 3 different law agencies who looked into this scam.
And we got results. We dented this fake DMCA industry and made sure we act as deterrent to the rogue reputation firms indulged in these criminal practices. Here are some of the outcomes and changes we made possible with the help of several other citizen lawyers and agencies –
- Ripoff Report wipes out Google (fake) Removals with a stroke of genius ! Thank you Ed – at webactivism.com
- Court finds evidence of ‘fraud on the Court’ in one of the missing-defendant libel takedown cases – at washingtonpost.com
- Default judgment aimed at deindexing apparently accurate information about person convicted of sex offense – at washingtonpost.com
- Panic and desperation getting the better of rogue reputation services – at webactivism.com
- Google still deindexing some material found by courts to be defamatory — but it’s being more skeptical – at washingtonpost.com
- Google Apparently No Longer Humoring Court Orders To Delist Defamatory Content – at techdirt.com
- Paul Levy Discovers Head Of Reputation Management Company Signed Off On Forged/Fraudulent Court Docs – at techdirt.com
- Filing Bogus Lawsuits As Part Of A ‘Reputation Management’ Strategy Costs Firm $71,000 – at techdirt.com
- Richart Ruddie Settles anti-SLAPP Claims, Makes Restitution; but the Guilty Companies Remain Unpunished – at typepad.com
- Who Filed Fake Copyright Infringement Complaints Against AgencySpy? – at adweek.com
- The Dark Art of Fake DMCA Takedown Requests – at huffingtonpost.com
Fake Fraudulent DMCA might seem inconspicuous, until its you at the receiving end of this crime. This is not a prank. This is not an inconvenience. This is not random. These fake DMCA cases are calculated criminal schemes targeting very specific and rather important information/content. These hitjobs are usually against media, in order to help their clients hide important information from public’s eye, all in the name of Reputation Management. Millions of dollars are spent doing this, and if no one wants to bring this topic to the fore, we will.
Our team will not constantly monitor and publish these reports on a DAILY basis without fail. And we do not plan to publish and forget. We will take constructive steps in order to expose the faces behind this scam, and to try and undo the damages. AND IF YOU INDEED PART OF THIS SCAM, WE WILL ENSURE THAT YOU GET WHAT’S COMING YOUR WAY.