Beneficiary of Fake DMCA:
- Principal Chad Smith
- Perjury, Impersonation, Identity-theft, Misrepresentation
Fake Link/Website Used:
- Stockton Tribune & Co. Ltd
Date of Submission:
- June 9, 2016
ANALYZING THE FAKE DMCA
Let’s analyze this fake DMCA –
The DMCA claims that an article published on sgvtribune.com was copied from another website – stocktontribune.com, a fake News Website.
The DMCA was filed by Stockton Tribune and Co. Ltd, an entity which does NOT exist.
Soon after we threatened to expose this attempt at perjury, the DMCA was rescinded. But the records stay online.
This fake DMCA involves Fraud on the court, Perjury and impersonation. Something which Principal Chad Smith is well known for, and more.
SO WHAT WERE THEY TRYING TO HIDE ?
A negative news story at sgvtribune.com against Principal Chad Smith.
Here is what was written –
Former South Hills High School principal removed from top job at Orange County high school
It didn’t take long for former South Hills High School Principal Chad Smith’s rocky tenure in West Covina to catch up with him.
Last week, Smith, who left South Hills at the end of the 2014-15 school year, was reassigned to Capistrano Unified School District’s education division after parents circulated a petition demanding that Smith be removed from the principal job at Capistrano Valley High School in Mission Viejo.
WHAT IS A FAKE DMCA AND WHY ARE WE LISTED HERE ?
Soon after we published the first set of our investigation reports on fake DMCAs, we managed to generate interest from online media such as Techdirt, Adweek and Huffington Post. Some of the key stories included our revelations on Torrence Boone , MoneyLife.in, Julia Scelfo and aReputation. We also shared unpublished data and information with 3 different law agencies who looked into this scam.
And we got results. We dented this fake DMCA industry and made sure we act as deterrent to the rogue reputation firms indulged in these criminal practices. Here are some of the outcomes and changes we made possible with the help of several other citizen lawyers and agencies –
- Ripoff Report wipes out Google (fake) Removals with a stroke of genius ! Thank you Ed – at webactivism.com
- Court finds evidence of ‘fraud on the Court’ in one of the missing-defendant libel takedown cases – at washingtonpost.com
- Default judgment aimed at deindexing apparently accurate information about person convicted of sex offense – at washingtonpost.com
- Panic and desperation getting the better of rogue reputation services – at webactivism.com
- Google still deindexing some material found by courts to be defamatory — but it’s being more skeptical – at washingtonpost.com
- Google Apparently No Longer Humoring Court Orders To Delist Defamatory Content – at techdirt.com
- Paul Levy Discovers Head Of Reputation Management Company Signed Off On Forged/Fraudulent Court Docs – at techdirt.com
- Filing Bogus Lawsuits As Part Of A ‘Reputation Management’ Strategy Costs Firm $71,000 – at techdirt.com
- Richart Ruddie Settles anti-SLAPP Claims, Makes Restitution; but the Guilty Companies Remain Unpunished – at typepad.com
- Who Filed Fake Copyright Infringement Complaints Against AgencySpy? – at adweek.com
- The Dark Art of Fake DMCA Takedown Requests – at huffingtonpost.com
Fake Fraudulent DMCA might seem inconspicuous, until its you at the receiving end of this crime. This is not a prank. This is not an inconvenience. This is not random. These fake DMCA cases are calculated criminal schemes targeting very specific and rather important information/content. These hitjobs are usually against media, in order to help their clients hide important information from public’s eye, all in the name of Reputation Management. Millions of dollars are spent doing this, and if no one wants to bring this topic to the fore, we will.
Our team will not constantly monitor and publish these reports on a DAILY basis without fail. And we do not plan to publish and forget. We will take constructive steps in order to expose the faces behind this scam, and to try and undo the damages. AND IF YOU INDEED PART OF THIS SCAM, WE WILL ENSURE THAT YOU GET WHAT’S COMING YOUR WAY.