Beneficiary of Fake DMCA:
- Queen Bay University
- Perjury, Impersonation, Identity-theft, Misrepresentation
Fake Link/Website Used:
- Tina Berger
- Yasmin Emma
Date of Submission:
- September 4, 2014
- September 23, 2014
ANALYZING THE FAKE DMCA
Twice, in September 2014, someone filed 2 fake DMCA notices with Google in an attempt to trick Google into de-indexing a scathing complaint against Queen Bay University posted at Pissedconsumer.com.
The 3 infringing URLs mentioned were –
While the DMCA notice claimed that the original content was posted as a ‘comment’ on these (free) blogs –
So let’s closely examine this claim –
- The blog which these DMCA con artists claimed to be the original source of the content – https://schoolinspector.wordpress.com , has only 4 posts, all created on 23rd Sep 2014 as listed in their webpage meta-property.
- The other posts on this blog was for Hansford University, another fake DMCA case which we’ll publish soon.
- It is evident that this fake blog was created for the sole purpose of adding and backdating certain content, and then claiming ownership for the copyrights to the same content published at PissedConsumer.com.
- As a backup to the above, the perpetrators filed another fake DMCA in less than 3 weeks, with a slight twist.
- Both of these attempts failed for QueensBay University.
SO WHAT WERE THEY TRYING TO HIDE ?
It is the same old story. Someone has a negative review at a complaint site. It ranks high on Google and hurts their reputation as well as business.
This review alleged that Queensbay University indulged in unethical behavior and uses telemarketing tricks to sell fraudulent degrees. It further alleges that the university is a total scam and does not physically exist, and is operated virtually. We cannot verify the authenticity of these claims.
Ever since the fake DMCA attempts have been revealed, we’re not so sure these allegations are fake.
EDITOR’S COMMENT : For those who might ask – ‘why and how do we interject that ‘Queens Bay Univerisity’ has something to do with this fake DMCA. Couldn’t it be a coincidence ?’, we will say this – When someone goes and creates a whole new fake news site, falsifies his/her identity and submits fake DMCA to try and de-list some very targeted content on Google, it signals intent and a plan. It is obvious that ‘Queens Bay Univerisity’ or someone they hired was directly involved in this crime. Ignorance cannot really be an excuse.