Beneficiary of Fake DMCA:
- Perjury, Impersonation, Identity-theft, Misrepresentation
Fake Link/Website Used:
- Brandun Luft
Date of Submission:
- April 26, 2017
ANALYZING THE FAKE DMCA
A simple DMCA fraud purported by Shipfusion and the Reputation Firm they hired.
Let’s analyze –
So, the DMCA claims that the original article was published on a wordpress.com free blog on FEB 24, 2016.
However, a quick look at the source code and checking the update date of the article tells us that the article was planted on 26th April 2017, the same day when the fake DMCA was filed –
If this was the best Shipfusion and their Reputation Agency could do, then Shipfusion deserves a full refund !
SO WHAT WERE THEY TRYING TO HIDE ?
This article, published on Ripoff Report –
ShipFusion BUYER BEWARE!!
ShipFusion provides e-tailers with industry leading fulfillment services across multiple warehouses in the US & Canada. They headquarters are in Toronto, Canada.
BUT BEWARE… When you come on board with Ship Fusion you have the chance to hook up your banking information (routing number and account numner) so that you can pay for shipping and handling fees for your orders; however, ShipFusion UNLAWFULLY took money out of my account and was NOT AUTHORIZED TO DO SO. In fact, THEY REFUSED TO GIVE ME MY FUNDS BACK, and issued a LACKLUSTER apology to me once I emailed them. THEY WENT BEHIND ME BACK TO DEDUCT FUNDS.
WHAT IS A FAKE DMCA AND WHY ARE WE LISTED HERE ?
Soon after we published the first set of our investigation reports on fake DMCAs, we managed to generate interest from online media such as Techdirt, Adweek and Huffington Post. Some of the key stories included our revelations on Torrence Boone , MoneyLife.in, Julia Scelfo and aReputation. We also shared unpublished data and information with 3 different law agencies who looked into this scam.
And we got results. We dented this fake DMCA industry and made sure we act as deterrent to the rogue reputation firms indulged in these criminal practices. Here are some of the outcomes and changes we made possible with the help of several other citizen lawyers and agencies –
- Ripoff Report wipes out Google (fake) Removals with a stroke of genius ! Thank you Ed – at webactivism.com
- Court finds evidence of ‘fraud on the Court’ in one of the missing-defendant libel takedown cases – at washingtonpost.com
- Default judgment aimed at deindexing apparently accurate information about person convicted of sex offense – at washingtonpost.com
- Panic and desperation getting the better of rogue reputation services – at webactivism.com
- Google still deindexing some material found by courts to be defamatory — but it’s being more skeptical – at washingtonpost.com
- Google Apparently No Longer Humoring Court Orders To Delist Defamatory Content – at techdirt.com
- Paul Levy Discovers Head Of Reputation Management Company Signed Off On Forged/Fraudulent Court Docs – at techdirt.com
- Filing Bogus Lawsuits As Part Of A ‘Reputation Management’ Strategy Costs Firm $71,000 – at techdirt.com
- Richart Ruddie Settles anti-SLAPP Claims, Makes Restitution; but the Guilty Companies Remain Unpunished – at typepad.com
- Who Filed Fake Copyright Infringement Complaints Against AgencySpy? – at adweek.com
- The Dark Art of Fake DMCA Takedown Requests – at huffingtonpost.com
Fake Fraudulent DMCA might seem inconspicuous, until its you at the receiving end of this crime. This is not a prank. This is not an inconvenience. This is not random. These fake DMCA cases are calculated criminal schemes targeting very specific and rather important information/content. These hitjobs are usually against media, in order to help their clients hide important information from public’s eye, all in the name of Reputation Management. Millions of dollars are spent doing this, and if no one wants to bring this topic to the fore, we will.
Our team will not constantly monitor and publish these reports on a DAILY basis without fail. And we do not plan to publish and forget. We will take constructive steps in order to expose the faces behind this scam, and to try and undo the damages. AND IF YOU INDEED PART OF THIS SCAM, WE WILL ENSURE THAT YOU GET WHAT’S COMING YOUR WAY.