Beneficiary of Fake DMCA:
- Perjury, Impersonation, Identity-theft, Misrepresentation
Fake Link/Website Used:
- PalastineToday Media Networks
Date of Submission:
- December 15, 2015
ANALYZING THE FAKE DMCA
Let’s analyze this fake DMCA here –
So, the DMCA claims that the original article was published at palastinetoday.com, on 15th August 2014. The same article was copy-pasted without consent on Pissedconsumer.com.
Palastinetoday.com, the same website featured in one of our previous DMCA related investigation (read more here – https://www.webactivism.com/phil-cannella-first-senior-financial-group-investigation-for-fraud-impersonation-perjury-fake-dmca).
However, a quick look at Domain Registrar History tells us that the domain was owned by Alauddin Ahmed ([email protected]) till 10 Sep 2015, after which it was transferred to our perpetrators.
Hosting history confirms that the website was set up on 10th Sep 2015 and was NOT ACTIVE before that. Which means that the article did not exist on palastimetoday.com in 2014.
Here is how the website looked in March 2016. The website has been removed after our investigation into fake DMCA started.
SO WHAT WERE THEY TRYING TO HIDE ?
These complaints published on PissedConsumer.com –
My daughter was charged 49.99 against her knowledge on a monthly basis. She did not agree to or sign up for videostripe
You can read these complaints at – https://videostripe.pissedconsumer.com/complaints/RT-P.html?order=top
WHAT IS A FAKE DMCA AND WHY ARE WE LISTED HERE ?
Soon after we published the first set of our investigation reports on fake DMCAs, we managed to generate interest from online media such as Techdirt, Adweek and Huffington Post. Some of the key stories included our revelations on Torrence Boone , MoneyLife.in, Julia Scelfo and aReputation. We also shared unpublished data and information with 3 different law agencies who looked into this scam.
And we got results. We dented this fake DMCA industry and made sure we act as deterrent to the rogue reputation firms indulged in these criminal practices. Here are some of the outcomes and changes we made possible with the help of several other citizen lawyers and agencies –
- Ripoff Report wipes out Google (fake) Removals with a stroke of genius ! Thank you Ed – at webactivism.com
- Court finds evidence of ‘fraud on the Court’ in one of the missing-defendant libel takedown cases – at washingtonpost.com
- Default judgment aimed at deindexing apparently accurate information about person convicted of sex offense – at washingtonpost.com
- Panic and desperation getting the better of rogue reputation services – at webactivism.com
- Google still deindexing some material found by courts to be defamatory — but it’s being more skeptical – at washingtonpost.com
- Google Apparently No Longer Humoring Court Orders To Delist Defamatory Content – at techdirt.com
- Paul Levy Discovers Head Of Reputation Management Company Signed Off On Forged/Fraudulent Court Docs – at techdirt.com
- Filing Bogus Lawsuits As Part Of A ‘Reputation Management’ Strategy Costs Firm $71,000 – at techdirt.com
- Richart Ruddie Settles anti-SLAPP Claims, Makes Restitution; but the Guilty Companies Remain Unpunished – at typepad.com
- Who Filed Fake Copyright Infringement Complaints Against AgencySpy? – at adweek.com
- The Dark Art of Fake DMCA Takedown Requests – at huffingtonpost.com
Fake Fraudulent DMCA might seem inconspicuous, until its you at the receiving end of this crime. This is not a prank. This is not an inconvenience. This is not random. These fake DMCA cases are calculated criminal schemes targeting very specific and rather important information/content. These hitjobs are usually against media, in order to help their clients hide important information from public’s eye, all in the name of Reputation Management. Millions of dollars are spent doing this, and if no one wants to bring this topic to the fore, we will.
Our team will not constantly monitor and publish these reports on a DAILY basis without fail. And we do not plan to publish and forget. We will take constructive steps in order to expose the faces behind this scam, and to try and undo the damages. AND IF YOU INDEED PART OF THIS SCAM, WE WILL ENSURE THAT YOU GET WHAT’S COMING YOUR WAY.