Beneficiary of Fake DMCA:
Wagner Trucking Inc
Fake Link/Website Used:
Date of Submission:
May 03, 2016
ANALYZING THE FAKE DMCA
‘Long story short, Wagner Trucking LLC hired a bunch of scammers to decide their reputation management campaign. They were hired to do a job, and provide results no body else could offer at the time, and that was – removal of negative content posted on PissedConsumer.com from Google Search, with no use of SEO.
These scammers used a fake website we investigated on 3 other fake DMCA – mashablecity.com, and planted an article (now deleted) at http://www.mashablecity.com/travel/transportation/cam-transport-inc-fraud-alert , and filed a fake DMCA on 03 May 2016.
Here’s what we know about this fake website –
- The domain is owned by ‘Muhammad Ashraf’ from Pakistan. The registrant email is ‘[email protected]‘. Now, this person owns a list of other websites –
- The above websites are all fake, fraudulent and useful only for filing fake DMCAs.
- There is already suspicions about these websites being used for filing fake DMCAs – https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!msg/websearch/WiLEAStnWMI/fq3arDRdBAAJ
- Pissedconsumer.com also caught this fake DMCA racket and had published their own report at – http://www.pissedconsumer.com/blog/2016/05/update-to-dirty-games-with-dmca-notices-for-pittsburgh-cbs-and-pissedconsumer
- Tech-cave.com was owned by Matt Gillooly ([email protected]) till Feb 2016, after which it was sold to our perpetrators.
- The website itself was uploaded on 22 Mar 2016 according to web archive and hosting history. After Pissedconsumer.com published their findings on this fake DMCA website, the perpetrators switched hosting from ipage.com to hostgator.com on 10 June 1016.
- In 2013, when the website claimed it published the original article that was copied on PissedConsumer.com, the website did NOT exist and was being redirected to www.mashablecity.org. The fake website and the fake article, therefore DID NOT EXIST in 2013.
- So now that the fake article did not exist, we wonder who is this ‘Juuso_Häggman ‘ who filed the fake DMCA. Turns out there’s only one person by this name, and he is a youth player for a village soccer team in Croatia. We’re not kidding….
SO WHAT WERE THEY TRYING TO HIDE ?
A lot, actually. A ton of complaints against Wagner Trucking on Pissedconsumer.com which hurt they reputation and credibility. Wagner Trucking operates specialized hauling and by the looks of it, it does a very good job of it.
Recently, they tried to haul off a few good links from Google, and got caught.
Here’s hoping they can carry this new burden !!
EDITOR’S COMMENT : For those who might ask – ‘why and how do we interject that ‘Wagner Trucking’ has something to do with this fake DMCA. Couldn’t it be a coincidence ?’, we will say this – When someone goes and creates a whole new fake news site, falsifies his/her identity and submits fake DMCA to try and de-list some very targeted content on Google, it signals intent and a plan. It is obvious that ‘Wagner Trucking’ or someone they hired was directly involved in this crime. Wagner Trucking also cannot plead ignorance in this matter, since this notice on Google search is hard to miss, really.