Beneficiary of Fake DMCA:
- Perjury, Impersonation, Identity-theft, Misrepresentation
Fake Link/Website Used:
- News Buzz
Date of Submission:
- November 17, 2016
ANALYZING THE FAKE DMCA
Let’s examine this fake DMCA –
This is the modus-operandi of a rogue reputation firm. They set up a fake News Website (newsbuzz.esy.es) , plant the content they are targeting and publish it backdated.
That’s when the fun starts. They then file a fake DMCA at Google in the hope that the content is removed from search engines. That’s exactly what happened in this case.
Yahoo! removed the original article from it’s website. However, here is a copy of the original article in all it’s glory.
SO WHAT WERE THEY TRYING TO HIDE ?
Serious allegations in a new article published at Yahoo! News –
Claiming to be the ‘world’s largest immigration group’, the multi-billion rupee WorldWide Immigration Consultancy Services (WWICS) here is under the police scanner after it was found the firm was dealing in work permit visas without having a licence for it.
Chandigarh police, which have a special investigation team (SIT) to probe the immigration fraud being played on youth by immigration firms in and around this city, have conducted raids on the sprawling headquarters of the WWICS in Mohali near here and other offices of the firm in recent days.
You can read the entire review at – https://www.webactivism.com/wwics-largest-immigration-firm-on-police-radar/
WHAT IS A FAKE DMCA AND WHY ARE WE LISTED HERE ?
Soon after we published the first set of our investigation reports on fake DMCAs, we managed to generate interest from online media such as Techdirt, Adweek and Huffington Post. Some of the key stories included our revelations on Torrence Boone , MoneyLife.in, Julia Scelfo and aReputation. We also shared unpublished data and information with 3 different law agencies who looked into this scam.
And we got results. We dented this fake DMCA industry and made sure we act as deterrent to the rogue reputation firms indulged in these criminal practices. Here are some of the outcomes and changes we made possible with the help of several other citizen lawyers and agencies –
- Ripoff Report wipes out Google (fake) Removals with a stroke of genius ! Thank you Ed – at webactivism.com
- Court finds evidence of ‘fraud on the Court’ in one of the missing-defendant libel takedown cases – at washingtonpost.com
- Default judgment aimed at deindexing apparently accurate information about person convicted of sex offense – at washingtonpost.com
- Panic and desperation getting the better of rogue reputation services – at webactivism.com
- Google still deindexing some material found by courts to be defamatory — but it’s being more skeptical – at washingtonpost.com
- Google Apparently No Longer Humoring Court Orders To Delist Defamatory Content – at techdirt.com
- Paul Levy Discovers Head Of Reputation Management Company Signed Off On Forged/Fraudulent Court Docs – at techdirt.com
- Filing Bogus Lawsuits As Part Of A ‘Reputation Management’ Strategy Costs Firm $71,000 – at techdirt.com
- Richart Ruddie Settles anti-SLAPP Claims, Makes Restitution; but the Guilty Companies Remain Unpunished – at typepad.com
- Who Filed Fake Copyright Infringement Complaints Against AgencySpy? – at adweek.com
- The Dark Art of Fake DMCA Takedown Requests – at huffingtonpost.com
Fake Fraudulent DMCA might seem inconspicuous, until its you at the receiving end of this crime. This is not a prank. This is not an inconvenience. This is not random. These fake DMCA cases are calculated criminal schemes targeting very specific and rather important information/content. These hitjobs are usually against media, in order to help their clients hide important information from public’s eye, all in the name of Reputation Management. Millions of dollars are spent doing this, and if no one wants to bring this topic to the fore, we will.
Our team will not constantly monitor and publish these reports on a DAILY basis without fail. And we do not plan to publish and forget. We will take constructive steps in order to expose the faces behind this scam, and to try and undo the damages. AND IF YOU INDEED PART OF THIS SCAM, WE WILL ENSURE THAT YOU GET WHAT’S COMING YOUR WAY.